Gulmarg is the “heartland of winter sports in India” and it’s rated seventh best ski destination in Asia. The Resort is serviced by a gondola, the world’s highest cable car which flies up to 4,000m to the summit of Mt Apharwat. If you are advanced rider you can hike another couple of hundred metres above the head of Gondola, that will provides 1,500+ metres of vertical descent. Some of the bowls off the summit have a straight 1,200 metres of thigh-destroying vertical descent!
The amount of Gulmarg ski terrain is virtually unlimited and includes alpine bowls, chutes, cornices, glade skiing among ancient pines, and local shrines and villages which add a whole new dimension to the terrain. The Gulmarg skiing and snowboarding is suited to advanced and expert riders who enjoy off-piste back country terrain. Gulmarg is also suited to intermediate and beginner riders.
Discover Gulmarg. A 3 days guided ski adventure.
Visit the ski village. Interact with the locals.
Discover the Srinagar city and have a Shikara Boat ride in Dal Lake.
- Airport transfers (reception/ drop)
- Accommodation 3* Hotel – 1 night Srinagar, 3 nights Gulmarg (Breakfast Dinner)
- All ground transport by private cars – airport reception and drop and for thy whole trip
- Skiing Equipment – Skis – Poles & Boots, Snowboard & Boots, Parkers and/or pants, Helmet & Wrist-guards, Gloves
- 2 day Gondola Pass (both phases)
- 3 day Ski lift Pass
- Meal plan – Breakfast and dinner included
- English/urdu/hindi speaking local guide cum ski instructor
- First aid
Day 1. Arrival Srinagar. On arrival at Srinagar airport our representative will receive you and drive to Gulmarg. You will be met by our guide-cum-ski instructor to discuss the plan for the next couple of days. You will also be handed over the Gondola and Ski lift Passes. Overnight stay at the Hotel
Day 2. Full day ski and snowboarding practice. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3. Full day snow activities.
Day 4. Gulmarg-Srinagar (2 hours drive). We drive to Srinagar for the city tour. Our tour will include Shikara boat ride in the Dal Lake and a visit to the craftsman and to the Mosques of Srinagar. Overnight at Hotel in Srinagar.
Day 5. Departure. Our representative will drop you at Srinagar airport for departure.