The Gurez Valley Cycling Trail is the most serene and one of the best and adventurous cycling routes of Kashmir. The route has less traffic. It is an amazing trip to get introduced with magical and remote Kingdom of Gurez. While biking on through this route, we visit beautiful lakes (Mansbal and Wular), remote Mountain Villages and High altitude pastures like Tragbal. there are the ruins of many forts and castles, some built in some pretty unlikely places!
It is a fairly long route, crossing Razdan Pass at 3500m and has the fine objective of visiting the remotest villages of Gurez.
What’s included in the Package?
- Full vehicle support throughout (from arrival at Srinagar airport to the depature at the same airport).
- Bike hire includes a helmet, gender specific saddle, dual density gel seat cover (available from INR 1800 onwards).
- Arrival/ departure 2 nights Hotel accommodation in Srinagar (full board), unless specified.
- 7 nights tented accommodation (full-board) mountain camps.
- All camping gear including tents, sleeping bags, mats and blankets.
- English Speaking Local Professional Cycling Guide and a Cook.
- All cooking utensils including cooking LPG stove.
- Vehicle to carry backpack (except day sack), group equipment (tents/ stoves/ fuel) from one camp to another.
- Meal plan: All meals included (vegetarian meals including eggs and cheese, unless specified.
- Mobile Workshop for maintenance of bikes.
- Gurez Valley Permits.
- First Aid.
What’s not included in the Package?
- Mountain Bikes available on rent from INR 1800 per day.
- International or domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Personal clothing and equipment.
- Any medical costs incurred by you, or costs associated with a medical incident, such as your evacuation from the mountain and/ or hospitalization (for which you should have travel insurance).
- Optional trips or excursions.
- Tips for local staff and guides.
Day 1: Arrival reception at Srinagar Airport.
On arrival at Srinagar airport, you will be met by our representative who will drive and transfer you to the hotel Ash Vale at Nishat Srinagar. Overnight stay.
Day 2: Nishat – Manasbal Lake (32 KM, 3 hours, Altitude gain 0M): Taking foreshore road, we cycle around Dal Lake and through the villages of Ganderbal to arrive at Manasbal Lake. Overnight in a camp.
Day 3 : Manasbal – Bandipora (38 KM, 3 hours, Altitude gain 0M): Cycle around Wular Lake to arrive Bandipora and camp at River Madumatti for an overnight stay.
Day 4 : Bandipora – Tragbal (18 KM, 3 hours, Altitude gain 1000M). We cycle and to Trangbal making an altitude gain of 1100 meters. The road leads through pine forests. We camp at Tragbal meadow for an overnight stay.
Day 5 : Tragbal – Razdan Pass (19 KM, 3 hours, Altitude gain 800M). We paddle through the meadows of Tragbal and camp at Razdan Pass for an overnight stay.
Day 6 : Razdan Pass – Dawar (41 KM, 3.5 hours, Altitude loss 1100M). Today we to paddle down all the way to the main town of Dawar. We camp at the bank of river Neelam for an overnight stay.
Day 7: Dawar – Badogam (29 KM, 3 hours, Altitude gain 300M). Cycling through the villages of Gurez we cap at the river bank at Badogam Tulail.
Day 8 : Badogam – Badoab (13 KM, 1.5 hours, Altitude gain 100M). We cycle taking the river bank route through the remote villages of Tulail. Here ends our cycle tour. We camp at Badoab for an overnight stay.
Day 9: Badoab – Srinagar (4 hours drive). We take our car and drive back to Srinagar. Overnight stay at Hotel in Srinagar.
Day 10: Departure. Drop at airport.
Our representative will drive and drop you at Srinagar airport for departure.
What To Carry?
The trail is supported by car. You will need to carry only a light sack, weighing about 4-6kg for your personal items like passport, money and camera gear. The following is a list of the items you should carry on the trip. If you have items which can not be used on the trip, you can store them at our hotel or at our office at Srinagar and take them back after returning from the tour.
Kashmir Treks routes are achievable by anyone with a healthy lifestyle and a good level of general fitness. Team members should be willing to be part of a team working together to achieve the goal of the expedition. As a team member, you should have an adventurous and robust spirit. The biggest challenge on this expedition will be the many consecutive hours of challenging mountain biking across alpine terrain, much of which at altitudes of above 3000m.
Minimum fitness requirements
- Cycle: up to 40km per day.
- Daily activity: up to 4 hours cycling per day.
- Carry: up to 5kg in a day sack.
- Terrain: remote, uneven.
- Climate: Can be sunny in valleys and cold and windy at altitude. Averages are 3400m, 5 to 20C.